Friday, February 25, 2011

Just Believe


I recently bought several Spellbinders Nestabilities.  They are so cool!!  I love the "Just Believe" stamp set from Stampin' Up! ... and I think the main image suits being inside an oval.  Hope you like.

"Just Believe"
 
 
Stamps:  Just Believe, Cottage Garden (butterfly)
Paper:  Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Versamark; Stampin' Write Markers:  Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery, Marina Mist (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories & Tools:  Nestabilities -  Label Ten, Classic Small Ovals (Spellbinders); polka-dot embossing folder, 1/2" Baja Breeze Seam binding ribbon, white half-pearls, Stamp-a-ma-jig
 
* * * * *
 
I cut out the Labels Ten die-cut using Baja Breeze paper (5" x 4").  I cut out the Oval die-cut using Whisper White (4" x 3") and embossed the edge.  I then masked the outside of the oval, only exposing inside the embossed ridge.  I used the Stampin' Write Markers to ink the image -  the flowers where inked with Baja Breeze and the leaves and stems were inked with Certainly Celery. Marina Mist was only added to the edges of the large flowers and the two buds.  I then used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the correct placement and stamped the image onto the white oval.  I adhered the stamped oval to the Baja Breeze Label Ten frame.

I ran the 4 3/4" x 3 1/2" piece of Certainly Celery through my Big Shot with the polka-dot embossing folder.  I adhered the embossed piece onto the 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White, using sticky strips (a must for gluing anything with depth - they are so strong).  I centered the framed oval onto the polka-dot paper and adhered (again, using sticky strips).  I added white half-pearls to both the top and bottom of the frame (six altogether).  I made a double bow and adhered it over the bottom of the stamped image, just above the pearls and glued the ends across to the back.  I separated the double bow and used glue dots to hold each section in place.  I then attached the whole panel to the card base of Baja Breeze.

I stamped the butterfly image onto Certainly Celery using Versamark (just so I could get an outline of a butterfly) and then cut it out.  I mounted it the oval with a glue dot.

I finished the inside of the card by inking part of my stamp (this time one stem with a bud on top) and using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, stamped the "sprig" on the top right-hand side of the Whisper White cardstock.  I mounted it to the Certainly Celery cardstock and glued the panel inside the card.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Loll :)