Sunday, June 12, 2011

Baroque Roses


I made a challenge for myself today ... try to use some stamps that I haven't used before (I have several - my bad!).  I have used my Botanical Blooms set before, but only the leaf, not the rose.  And I have used my Baroque Motifs set before, but only the large swirly image, not the sentiments.  Hope you like.
 
"Baroque Roses"



Stamps:  Botanical Blooms (2 part rose), Baroque Motifs (SU!)
Paper:  Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White (SU!)
Ink:  Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  Stamp-a-ma-jig, 5/8" Black satin ribbon, white gel pen, Large white brad, post-it note for masking, sticky strips, glue dots and dimensionals
 
* * * * *
 
I cut my panels out of Whisper White cardstock first, and then used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the rose outline in Basic Black and then the petals in Cherry Cobbler.  I framed each panel in Basic Black (only 1/16" border).

I masked the top half of my Cherry Cobbler background panel and then stamped the large Baroque Motif image on the bottom twice in Basic Black ink.

I used sticky strips to secure the satin ribbon just above the middle of the Cherry Cobbler background making a clear definition between the plain red above and the stamped black and red below.
I added the three panels, popping them up with dimensionals.

I stamped the sentiment in Whisper White ink.  It turned out too faint, but I really didn't want to emboss it so I went over the printing with the white gel pen - turned out ok.  I cut out the sentiment like it was a ribbon, adding a tail with points at one end and a large white brad at the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Loll :)