Thursday, July 21, 2011

Silhouette Grass


Yesterday hubby and I went to Emma Lea Farms on Westham Island and picked up 20 lbs. of raspberries.  I make homemade preserves to give to friends and family at Christmas time.  Besides making Sweet Relish and Red Pepper Jelly, I also make Raspberry Jelly.  It took me several, several hours to process the berries but I ended up with over 20 cups of juice!  Whew!!  I froze the juice and will make the jelly another day.  It was a lot of standing yesterday, so today I'm sitting in the art studio, taking it easy.  Lots of time to play so I am actually posting two new cards for today ... I'm on a roll :)

The first one is another card using the same beautifully textured Bazzill White cardstock as yesterday's card.  I love how the texture of the paper is enhanced even further when it is sponged.

You might think the card below looks familiar :)  Definitely I am crazy about yesterday's card enough to use the same layout (albeit a little different dimensions) and mostly a neutral palette as well.  I did sponge the background lightly with Baja Breeze and Garden Green inks (which combined created a beautiful pale turquoise!!).  This combination of colors along with Chocolate Chip is also the color challenge from earlier this week at SCS.  I wanted to add some twine but the natural color of the hemp twine was lost on the image ... so I used my re-inker to dye the twine Chocolate Chip.  I definitely will be doing this again and experimenting with other colors of ink.  Hope you like.

"Silhouette Grass"
 
 
 
Stamps:  Silhouette Grass (Hero Arts)
Paper:  Chocolate Chip (SU!); Bazzill White
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Garden Green (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  sponges, hemp twine, Chocolate Chip re-inker, adhesives and dimensionals
 
* * * * *
 
I lightly sponged the main panel with Baja Breeze and Garden Green inks.  I stamped the grass on top in Chocolate Chip ink and then sponged the same ink around the outside edges, making the sponging wider at the bottom.

I framed the main panel with Chocolate Chip cardstock and then wrapped hemp twine around the panel three times.

I mounted all the pieces as shown in the picture above, popping up the main panel with dimensionals to add depth.
____________________ 

The second card for today is for the "Ways to Use It" challenge on SCS - (Heavy Metal).  I really love the copper sheets that I heat with a small butane torch - the colors are amazing.  Today, after heating the metal, I ran it through one of my new embossing folders "Tiny Mosiacs".  It is just awesome!!  I didn't want to add too much else to the card as I wanted the beautiful copper to be the focal point.  But I found there was too much contrast on my first attempt of mounting it on plain white cardstock.  So I sponged a background panel for my card using inks that matched the colors in the copper.  It turned out pretty well except it was dull and the metal is really shiny, so I lightly sponged gold ink on top of the background sponging and it really made it some alive.  Unfortunately, the photo didn't pick up on the gold highlights.   Hope you like.

"Inspired Copper Mosiac"
 
 
Stamps:  Inspired by Nature (SU!)
Paper:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake (SU!)
Ink:  Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Versamark (SU!); Metallic Gold
Accessories & Tools:  Copper metal sheet .005 thickness (K&S Precision Metals), butane torch, Cuttlebug "Tiny Mosiac" embossing folder, three Early Espresso brads, paper-piercing tool, sticky strips, glue dots and dimensionals
 
* * * * *
 
I heated the copper until it turned color.  Once cooled, I ran it through the Big Shot with the embossing folder and then framed the panel in Early Espresso cardstock.

I stamped the cone flower image on Early Espresso cardstock using Versamark ink.  I cut it out and attached it to the main panel using two clear glue dots.

Using Crumb Cake cardstock for the background, I randomly sponged with Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie and Early Espresso.  I lightly sponged metallic gold ink on top to add shimmer to the paper.  I  pierced three holes and threaded through the Early Espresso brads.

I mounted all the pieces as per the picture above, popping up the main panel with dimensionals to add depth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Loll :)