Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fresh Apples


It's been a busy and productive day so far!!  After having coffee out on the deck this morning, I made a nice breakfast for Gord and I.  Then I called my SIL Moe and we headed to Kitchen Therapy in South Surrey.  They have some beautiful things!  We stopped at the Celtic Times Pub for lunch and then on to a Cakes & Pastry shop before heading home.  Before leaving for shopping this morning, I started my card for today's color challenge (C337) - Real Red, Night of Navy and Daffodil Delight.  All very strong colors!  I decided to tone them down by watercoloring my image.  I finished assembling my card when I got home.  Now on to making dinner --- Evan will be stopping by on his way home to pick some up for him and Nikki.  Tonight's menu is Sweet & Sour Chicken, Basmati Rice, Coleslaw with home-made dressing, and of course, the Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie that I made yesterday.  Back to the details of the card ...

"Fresh Apples"


Stamps:  Countryside (SU!)
Paper:  Real Red, Night of Navy (SU!); watercolor paper
Ink:  Basic Black, Night of Navy; Re-inkers:  Real Red, Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Sahara Sand, Early Espresso (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  Aqua Painter, Cuttlebug "Diamond Plate" embossing folder, Nestabilities Classic Rectangles, MM distressing tool, sponges, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Night of Navy mini brad, sticky strips, adhesives and dimensionals

* * * * *

I stamped the image in Basic Black ink onto watercolor paper.  I used the re-inkers and an Aqua Painter to add the ink to the image.  I combine the Daffodil Delight and Night of Navy re-inkers to make the green for the grass - so I only used the challenge colors plus neutrals.

I ran a piece of Real Red cardstock through my Big Shot with the Nestabilities Classic Rectangle and then trimmed to create a thin, 1/4" frame for the main image.  I used sticky strips to adhere it to the watercolor paper.

I ran a large piece of Night of Navy cardstock through my Big Shot with the Cuttlebug "Diamond Plate" embossing folder.  I used Making Memories distressing tool to distress the edges.

I sponged Night of Navy ink around the edges of the Real Red frame and the Real Red card base.  I wrapped Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine around the main framed image several times and tied a knot.  I secured the twine to the image using a mini brad.

I mounted all the pieces as shown, popping up both the embossed Night of Navy background AND the main image.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Loll :)