Today's Color Challenge from SCS (CC346) is Rich Island Breeze (Rich Razzleberry, Island Indigo, Baja Breeze). I don't have Island Indigo so I used Not Quite Navy instead. These were fun colors and I managed to use another one of my new stamp sets - Morning Cup. I also used a sketch challenge from a couple of months ago (SC340) and the paper piecing technique (just can't get enough of this technique!). I used all SU! products for this card. Hope you like.
Stamps: Morning Cup, Whimsical Words (SU!)
Paper: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, assorted DP (SU!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Rich Razzleberry (SU!)
Accessories & Tools: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Rich Razzleberry Polka-dot ribbon, large white brad, small oval punch, medium oval punch, Sizzix Polka-Dot embossing folder, Big Shot, sticky strips, adhesives, glue dot and dimensionals
* * * * *
I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to align the stamp and stamped it twice, stacked, on Whisper White cardstock with Chocolate Chip ink.
I stamped the tea cups again onto a variety of DP and then cut out the individual cups. Once I had all the tea cups cut out, I matched them up with the main image and used Stampin' write markers to color in the handles. I glued the tea cups in place.
I mounted the main image onto a larger piece of Not Quite Navy, offsetting it so 1/4" of Not Quite Navy showed on one side. I wrapped the polka-dot ribbon about the framed panel and attached at the back with sticky strips. I added the large white brad and then cut the ends of the ribbon to size. I added a glue dot between the pieces of the ends of the ribbon so that they would stay in place. I attached the main panel a card front of Baja Breeze that was dry embossed with polka-dots, popping up the main panel with dimensionals to add depth.
I used sticky strips to attached the front panel to the card base of Baja Breeze. I stamped the sentiment in Not Quite Navy ink (using the "you're" from the Whimsical Words stamp set and "tea-rific" from the Morning Cup stamp set. I punch out the sentiment with a small oval punch and mounted it on a frame of Not Quite Navy cardstock which was punched out with a medium oval punch. I mounted the sentiment using dimensionals to give it depth.
I have added a few recipes from my last High Tea (Oct. 16) to the Baking Section of this website (special thanks to Vi for encouraging me to update my recipes!!). I've added Scones, Devon Cream, and Banana Streusel Muffin recipes ... I didn't have any pictures of them individually, so I cropped pictures from my High Tea - next time I make these items I will take better pictures and upload them onto the website. Happy Baking!!