Today's "Ways to Use It" Challenge is Leaves (WT346). Have leaves somewhere on your card ... a little or a lot. I choose a little. I made another Christmas card, stamping the border (so this qualifies for "Try a New Technique Challenge TLC348 - Stamp the border") which has a small leaf on each stem. I also used the sketch layout from last week (SC355) with a slight modification. I used all SU! products for this card. Hope you like.
"Patterned Christmas Pine Trees"
Stamps: Patterned Pines, Autumn Days (SU!)
Paper: Whisper White, Garden Green, Real Red (SU!)
Ink: Garden Green; Stampin' Write markers: Real Red, Garden Green (SU!)
Accessories & Tools: Sizzix "Square Lattice" embossing folder, Big Shot, 1/4" Real Red grosgrain ribbon, sticky strips, adhesives, glue dot, and dimensionals
* * * * *
I stamped the main image in Garden Green ink onto Whisper White cardstock. I mounted the image on a thin frame of Real Red cardstock. I wrapped Real Red ribbon around the image near the bottom, and tied a knot in the center.
I inked the berry branch with Stampin' Write markers Garden Green and Real Red and stamped along the edge of a Whisper White piece of cardstock. I kept re-inking and stamping until the border was full. I mounted the background stamped panel onto a thin frame of Real Red cardstock.
I ran a large piece of Garden Green cardstock through my Big Shot with the embossing folder and then mounted it onto a larger panel of Whisper White (card front).
I mounted all the pieces as shown in the picture above, popping up the main panel with dimensionals to add depth. The whole front panel was mounted onto a card base of Garden Green cardstock.
I made the following card for my SIL for her birthday (which is today! - Happy Birthday Moe!!). I used a digital image from Beccy's Place. Beccy is an artist who shares her drawings for free - you just download them from her blog. Thanks Beccy!!
Moe loves orchids and I bought her one for her birthday and wanted to also put one on her card. I printed from Beccy's file right onto my watercolor paper and then added the color with watered-down re-inkers and a paint brush. It was a lot of fun! Hope you like.
"Happy Birthday Moe"
Stamps: Digital Stamp (Beccy's Place); Happiest Birthday Wishes (SU!)
Paper: Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, watercolor paper (SU!)
Ink: Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant; Re-inkers: Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White; Stampin' Write markers: Early Espresso, More Mustard, Perfect Plum (SU!)
Accessories & Tools: Computer / Printer, small paint brush, water, palette, sponge, 1/4" Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, sticky strips, adhesives, and dimensionals
* * * * *
I printed the image onto watercolor paper. I put a couple of drops of Elegant Eggplant re-inker onto my palette and added some water. I dipped my brush in the ink, took off the excess on a paper towel and then filled in the petals of the flowers, leaving some white spaces on the petals to make them appear more realistic. After all the flowers were watercolored, I used my Early Espresso Stampin' Write marker to fill in the stems and branches. I used the More Mustard Stampin' Write marker to fill in the centers of the flowers. I used the Perfect Plum Stampin' Write marker to fill in the two small petals on either side of the center and make them dark. Then I added dots onto the petals with the Perfect Plum marker, adding mostly near the center of the flowers.
I placed a couple of drops of Whisper White re-inker onto a toothbrush, added lots of water and pushed the bristles into a piece of paper towel to mix the ink and water. I pulled my thumb along the bristles and sprayed drops of white paint over the flowers (hard to tell in the photo, but it adds something!).
To finish the image, I lightly sponged Old Olive ink around the outside of the orchid branch. I took a very wet brush and diluted the ink to create a wash.
I framed the image on Elegant Eggplant cardstock and wrapped Old Olive ribbon around the bottom of the main image, tying a knot off center.
I stamped the sentiment in Elegant Eggplant ink onto a card base of Perfect Plum. I mounted the framed main image, popping it up with dimensionals to add depth.