Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Sky's the Limit


Today is the color challenge from Splitcoaststampers (CC349 - Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral, Baja Breeze).  I don't have all the colors, so substituted ones that were the closest I had ... Plus I used the CAS Challenge from last week - (CAS143 - sketch by stagccva).

I used the same technique as yesterday's card to sponge the sky.  This is my first time inking my Up, Up & Away stamp set ... it's so cute.  This card is made with all SU! products.  Hope you like.

"The Sky's the Limit"


Stamps:  Up, Up & Away (SU!)
Paper:  Tangerine Tango, Whisper White (SU!)
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss (retired), Baja Breeze, Early Espresso (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  sponges, Stamp-a-ma-jig, bone folder, adhesives and dimensionals

* * * * *

I made a "cloud" template by hand-drawing a row of different sized scallops on a large piece of scrap cardstock and cutting them out.  I placed the template at different angles on a large piece of Whisper White cardstock and sponged along the top of the scallops with Baja Breeze ink.  I kept moving the template down the page and changing the angle as I went, sponging until the whole piece was covered.

I inked the balloon stamps with Tangerine Tango ink and stamped them onto Whisper White cardstock.  I sponged Kiwi Kiss ink over top to fill in the white areas.  I took my Tangerine Tango Stampin' Write marker and colored over the Tangerine Tango stamped sections on the balloons to make them darker.  On the dotted balloon, which is mostly Tangerine Tango, I sponged more ink over top to darken the orange.  I cut the balloons out.

I arranged the balloons on the sponged sky background until I was happy with the layout.  I then used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to add the baskets for each balloon, stamped in Early Espresso ink.  I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig again to decide the placement of my sentiment, which I stamped in Tangerine Tango ink.

I used my bone folder to round over the edges of each balloon and then mounted them onto the sponged sky, lining them up with the baskets and popping them up with a dimensional to add depth.

I mounted the main image onto a card base of Tangerine Tango cardstock.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Loll :)