Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sending You Love


Today I met my friend Liz and we headed out to a fabric and yarn store in Surrey called Wineberry.  Liz has been making these beautiful scarves that uses a special yarn that she could only find at this store.  I was so impressed by the beautiful scarves that Liz has made ... as well as the many, many samples in the store itself, that I bought a ball of yarn and am going to try making one myself.  I am a knitter, but haven't done much of it in the past year or so.  We bought yarn and then went to a Greek restaurant nearby for lunch (New York, New York) - delicious!!  Once back home, I headed to the art studio.  For today's card, I am combining two challenges from SCS this week ... the color challenge (CC357) - Blushing Bride, Riding Hood Red and Baja Breeze ... plus the sketch challenge this week (SC367).  The only change is that I don't have Blushing Bride so I used the closest color I had, Pink Pirouette.  Hope you like.

SCS Sketch Challenge 367:













Here's my take on the above sketch (I added a couple of extra layers):

"Sending You Love"



Stamps:  Valentine Defined, Easy Events (SU!)
Paper:  Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette DP, red glimmer paper (SU!)
Ink:  Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze
Accessories & Tools:  Sizzix heart buttons, Big Shot, Baja Breeze seam binding, adhesives, glue dots and dimensionals

* * * * *

I inked the sentiment from one of the Easy Events stamps using a Baja Breeze Stampin' Write marker and stamped onto the small piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I stamped the heart flowers three times across the same piece, just below the sentiment.  I mounted the image onto a thin frame of Riding Hood Red cardstock.

I cut the second panel from Pink Pirouette DP and framed it with a thin frame of Riding Hood Red cardstock.

I ran the red glimmer paper through my Big Shot with the heart button die-cut.  I cut a piece of Baja Breeze seam binding in half (lengthwise - to make it thin), and threaded them through the holes in the heart buttons, tying a half-knot at the front.

I mounted all the pieces as shown in the picture above, popping up the main panel with dimensionals to add depth.  The heart buttons were attached using glue dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Loll :)