Busy day. Went grocery shopping and picked up everything for tomorrow night's special dinner (more on that later). And I wanted to participate in SCS Technique Lover's Challenge (TLC364 - Wrinkle Free Distress). I love this technique!! and had a lot of fun playing in the art studio trying out different versions. I settled on this color combination ... I actually made two pieces of background paper and they turned out totally different. I used the soft, mixed one for the side of the card with the sentiment ... and used the more spotted one for the main image. Hope you like.
Stamps: Silhouette Grass (Hero Arts); Field Flowers - sentiment (SU!)
Paper: Always Artichoke, watercolor paper (SU!)
Ink: Old Olive, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie (SU!)
Accessories & Tools: mini mister, heat tool, dark olive green suede strip ($1 store), sticky strips and dimensionals
* * * * *
I used my cutting mat as the non-porous surface for this technique. I swiped my Stampin' Spots across my mat (old olive, more mustard, pumpkin pie). I used the mini mister filled with water and sprayed the ink until it started to bubble. I placed my watercolor card front on top of the wet ink, pressed lightly, removed it and used the heat tool to dry. I wiped off my cutting mat and repeated the process making sure the paper was completely dry before proceeding.
I stamped the Silhouette Grass in Old Olive ink onto one of my pieces of watercolor paper. Originally I had the card front vertical, but I changed my mind and decided I wanted the image to be horizontal, so I cut my card front to 4" x 4". Then I needed a second piece for the side where I stamped the sentiment. So I made a second piece, using the same technique and adding the watercolor paper to the wet ink two times, drying in-between. This time the paper turned out totally different, but I liked that and decided I would use it. I stamped the sentiment in Old Olive ink and then mounted the two pieces together using sticky strips and adding a dark, olive green suede strip between the two different pieces.
I mounted the card front onto a card base of Always Artichoke, popping it up with dimensionals to add depth.