Friday, February 24, 2012

Buttons and Bird House


Today is our 33rd wedding anniversary.  Hubby and I went out for dinner to celebrate earlier in the week (on Wednesday).  The Vancouver Canucks are on a road trip right now and they had a game yesterday (against Detroit) and a game tonight (against New Jersey) and we are huge Canucks fans and didn't want to miss a game, so we celebrated our anniversary early.  BTW, Canucks won both games!! whoo hoooo!!

I've been so wrapped up working on my new blog that I haven't had much time to create cards.  So I took some time this afternoon and combined two of the SCS challenges from this week ... Wednesday's Sketch Challenge (SC373) and Thursday's Ways To Use It (WT363 - Bring on the Buttons!).  I find working with buttons a real challenge ... other crafter's add them to their cards and they look fantastic!!  I add buttons and they usually look, well, stupid is the only word that comes to mind :( ... but hopefully not today.  All SU! products used for this card.  Hope you like.

SCS Sketch 373:



"Buttons and Bird House"


Stamps:  Up in the Air (SU!)
Paper:  Real Red, Whisper White, Just Add Cake DP, So Saffron striped DP (SU!)
Ink:  Early Espresso, Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  Brights Collection buttons, white Baker's twine, 5/8" Real Red grosgrain ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig, paper piercing tool, adhesives and glue dots



I stamped the image in Early Espresso ink onto Whisper White cardstock and used the Stampin' Write markers to color.  I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement and stamped the sentiment in Wild Wasabi ink.
I mounted the main panel on top of the orange polka-dot DP and then mounted onto a frame of Real Red cardstock.  I mounted the framed main panel onto a full card front panel of striped So Saffron DP.  I wrapped the ribbon around and tied a 1/2 knot off center.  I secured the center of the knot with a glue dot to hold it in place.

I mounted the card front onto a card base of Real Red (for stability).

I threaded white Baker's twine through each button and tied a knot at the back and trimmed the twine.  I mounted the buttons onto the front of the card, using glue dots to hold them in place.

After I finished making the card I took a picture and that's when I realized that the top of the card looked too plain.  So I added some paper piercing detail to the two top corners.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Loll :)