I'm in the studio with Heather today. We're having lots of fun, laughs ... and of course, delicious home-made treats!! Heather is not only a card-making enthusiast like me, but also loves to bake (like me!). She frequently stops by with treats for us to enjoy - we are so lucky! This morning I made Lemon Loaf before she came ... the recipe is in the baking section of this website. Heather showed up with brownies with oreo cookie centers ... and chocolate and coconut mini cupcakes - yum, yum!
On to the card for today ... it's Sketch Challenge day at SCS (SC375) and I made a card that is a little different for me. Used the same die-cuts as I did for my card on Mar. 5th (Blushing Rose), plus more die-cuts and embossing folder. Used the Faux Letterpress Technique, with a twist ... the Belleek Pottery look that Judy challenged us to a couple of weeks back on the Ways To Use It Challenge. Absolutely love this look ... I used some Barely Banana with White cardstock for a very subtle look. I also used the same embossed Belleek cardstock to make the rose
Unfortunately the texture and color doesn't show up in the photo very well. I've tried several times to get a good photo and finally decided to just go with what I had. The rose if a very soft, delicate yellow, but it looks white in the photo and you can't really see the texture either.
SCS Sketch 375:
Here's my take on the sketch ... hope you like.
Stamp: On the Grow - sentiment (SU!)
Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery (SU!)
Ink: Barely Banana, Certainly Celery (SU!)
Accessories & Tools: Cuttlebug "Textiles" embossing folder, rubber brayer, Big shot, Rolled Rose die-cut (C.C. Designs), Leaves die-cut (C.C. Designs), Savannah border die-cut (Memory Box), Madera corner die-cut (Memory Box), sponge, small oval punch, medium oval punch, Tombow glue, sticky strips, adhesives and dimensionals
I inked my rubber brayer with Barely Banana ink and rolled over the inside of the embossing folder. I placed a large piece of Whisper White cardstock inside and ran through my Big Shot. This inks the recessed areas of the cardstock, leaving the embossed (or raised) parts the original cardstock color. I actually made two pieces like this and then used the second piece to die-cut the rolled rose.
I rolled the rose and secured it together with Tombow glue.
I die-cut two Savannah borders from Certainly Celery cardstock, sponged them with more Certainly Celery ink and then glued them to the embossed card front (I cut some off of both pieces to make them shorter).
I die cut three "Leaves" from Certainly Celery, sponged the edges with more of the same color ink and then placed them where the two borders intersected - creating a triangle with the three leaf sprigs.
I die-cut the Madera corner with Certainly Celery and then cut off three "stems". I place a dot of glue at the base of each stem and added them on top of the larger leaves, also using three and creating a triangle shape (but offset from the triangle of the larger leaves). Hope that makes sense.
I added the rolled rose on top, popping it up with dimensionals to add more depth.
I stamped the sentiment with Certainly Celery ink onto Whisper White cardstock. I sponged around the edges with Barely Banana ink. I punch the sentiment with the small oval punch and then framed it with a medium-sized oval of Certainly Celery cardstock. I mounted the framed sentiment onto the card front, popping it up with dimensionals to add depth.
I mounted the card front onto a full card front of Whisper White cardstock. I mounted the complete card front onto a card base of Certainly Celery cardstock (for stability).