I used my new Shutter die-cut from Poppy Stamps today. I've had it about a week, but just found time today to play with it ... thought it would add some interest to my window card.
Also, had a request to include the inside panel of my card, so I'm including a small picture of the flower "spray" I added to the bottom right-hand corner of my inside panel. Hopefully next time I'll remember to take a picture of the inside before mounting it to the card base :) Hope you like.
"Flower Box Window"
and here's the small die-cuts that I added to the inside ...
Paper: Natural White, Soft Suede, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive striped DP(SU!)
Ink: Soft Suede (SU!)
Accessories & Tools: Big Shot, Die-cuts: Small Madison Window, Small Madison Window Shutter, Small Flower Box, Wildflower Patch (Poppy Stamps), Leafy Branch die-cut (C.C. Designs), Brick embossing folder (Tim Holtz), Itty Bitty flower punch, rubber brayer, mat pack, stylus, mini mister, mini half-pearls, Tombow glue, sticky strips, adhesives, and dimensionals
* * * * *
I started by cutting out my dies using my Big Shot. The window and flower box are cut from Natural White cardstock. I used my Soft Suede Stampin' Write marker to draw in the crease lines on the window and box; and also sponged a little Soft Suede ink around the edges of both ... to add some character. I cut out two of the Wildflower Patch ... one in Old Olive and one in Tangerine Tango ... and of course, two Soft Suede shutters. I cut out six branches from Old Olive and punched five Daffodil Delight flower heads with the Itty Bitty Flower punch - I set everything aside.
With the rubber brayer, I added Soft Suede ink to the inside of my embossing folder, added the Natural White cardstock and ran it through my Big Shot (faux letterpress technique). I mounted the embossed brick card front onto a card base of Soft Suede cardstock.
I mounted the striped Old Olive DP in behind the window die, popping up the window with dimensionals ... I'm hoping this looks like wallpaper :) I mounted the window onto the card front with sticky strips.
Next I added some dimension to my flowers by misting the paper with a little water and then using my stylus and mat pack to push on the centers of the flowers - both orange and yellow (watched a video tutorial of this technique by Pam Sparks - Expressions with Heart --- thanks Pam!!). I cut the Tangerine Tango heads off the stems and glued them onto the green stems. I cut off some of the lower stems of the Leafy Branch to make it smaller and added three along the bottom of the window. I mounted the Tangerine Tango flowers and the Daffodil Delight flower heads (with mini half pearl centers) on top of the branches.
I glued a few small stems of leaves to the front of the window box and then mounted it under the window, just covering the bottom of the flowers ... the box is popped up at the top with dimensionals, but glued flush at the bottom.
I added the shutters by glueing the edges near the window flush to the card front, and popping up the outer edges with dimensionals.
I thought about adding a sentiment, but didn't want to take away from the focal point of the flowers.