Paper: Confetti Cream, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Cherry Cobbler (SU!)
Ink: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso (SU!)
Accessories & Tools: Big Shot; Small Madison Window die, Small Flower Box die, Wildflower Patch die (all from Poppy Stamps / Memory Box); Leafy Branch die and Leaves die (C.C. Designs), Brick embossing folder (Tim Holtz / Sizzix), Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch, sponge dauber, white gel pen, mat, stylus, glue, adhesives, sticky strips, and dimensionals
* * * * *
I ran the embossing folder through my Big Shot with Confetti Cream cardstock. I used a sponge dauber to add Cajun Craze ink to the embossing (and a little Early Espresso ink).
I ran the flower box die and window die through the Big Shot with Crumb Cake cardstock (cut two flower boxes). I took my Early Espresso ink pad and swiped it across all three pieces several times, pressing fairly hard and always pulling in one direction. I added a piece of Confetti Cream cardstock behind the window, adding dimensionals in between and mounted it to the embossed card front near the top (my plan was to add a sentiment on the bottom - but I didn't like how that looked so left it off).
I find the easiest way for me to "build" the flower box is to add temporary adhesive to the back of one flower box and lay it on my work surface. I ran the Leafy Branch die-cut and Leaves die-cut through my Big Shot with Old Olive cardstock three times (I didn't end up using all the dies).
I added a sticky strip along the top of the flower box and started adding leaves (or pieces of leaves) until I was happy with how it looked. I then placed the second flower box on top, placing dimensionals in-between. I mounted the flower box onto the bottom of my window.
I ran the Wildflower Patch die through my Big Shot with Baja Breeze cardstock and then cut the stems off all the flowers. I punched several hydrangea flowers from Cherry Cobbler cardstock.
I used my mat and stylus to shape the flowers, added a white center to the Cherry Cobbler blossoms with a white gel pen and then randomly glued the flowers on top of the leaves. I added two small leaf sprigs to the front of the box, tucking the ends under flowers.
I added an embossed brick panel to the inside of my card, with a Confetti Cream writing panel in the middle.