"Stained Glass Window"
Stamps: Fresh Vintage (SU!); Leaf Sprig (Kittie Kits - Rubbernecker); Tranquil (sentiment) from ISC
Paper: Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Certainly Celery striped DP, Vellum Paper, Watercolor paper (SU!)
Ink: Stazon Black, Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink, Bashful Blue (SU!)
Accessories & Tools: Big Shot, Small Madison Window die (Poppy Stamps), Textile embossing folder (Cuttlebug), brayer, sponges, mini pewter brad, black sharpie, glue, adhesives, sticky strips and dimensionals
* * * * *
I stamped the design in Stazon Black ink onto vellum paper and colored using Stampin' Write markers. I used my Sharpie to add some lines at the top and bottom of the design. I cut the design to fit inside the top portion of my window, sandwiching the vellum between two window die cuts from watercolor paper (I find that the watercolor paper is stiff and holds it's shape).
I sponged Bashful Blue ink very lightly onto Whisper white, added some Certainly Celery leaf sprigs at the bottom, and mounted the "outside" behind my window, adding dimensionals in-between.
I created the bottom wallpaper by using my brayer to add Certainly Celery ink to the inside of my embossing folder, adding a Whisper White panel and then running it through my Big Shot ... this is called "Faux Letterpress" or "Belleek Inspired" technique - just love the look!
I mounted all the other pieces as shown in the photo to create an old-fashioned looking house. I sponged around the edges of the sentiment, added a pewter mini brad, curled it for added interest and mounted with it popped up on a dimensional to add depth.