Thursday, June 16, 2011

Vellum Hydrangea


First of all, I have to say that Vancouver Canuck Fans are great people.  What happened after loosing game seven of the Stanley Cup finals last night, was due to a small group of criminals causing chaos in our city ... it actually had nothing to do with the hockey game.  We watched TV in horror last night at the mass destruction in the streets of Vancouver.  We are thankful for our wonderful police and firefighters that responded to a very dangerous situation, placed themselves in harm's way, and worked to get everything under control in about 3 hours ... THANK YOU!
 
Now on to the challenge for today - Vellum!!  I have a couple of sheets sitting in my paper tray, but haven't pushed myself to use them.  Thank goodness for these challenges - it motivates me to try new things!! :)   Hope you like.
 
"Vellum Hydrangea"
 
 
Stamps:  Because I care (SU!)
Paper:  Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, white vellum (SU!)
Ink:  Old Olive, Not Quite Navy; Stampin' Write markers:  Marina Mist, Old Olive (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  Texturz Plate Harlequin, four small pewter brads, 1/4" Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, sticky strips and dimensionals
 
* * * * *
 
First I crumbled up my vellum and then smoothed it out.  I wanted to create a look of distress ... which I think I got ... or maybe broken glass??  Used my Stampin' Write markers to ink the stamp, stamped onto vellum and then heat set.  In hindsight, it might have been easier to stamp first and then crumble ... I'm always learning :)

I ripped the top edge of the vellum and then framed it in Old Olive, also with a ripped top edge and added a small brad in each corner.  I sponged around the edge with Old Olive ink to give it a distressed look.

I wanted to frame the main panel in Not Quite Navy and ran a piece through my Big Shot with the Harlequin texture plate.  I sponged the same color ink on top to give it a distressed look.  I found that once I placed the main panel on top, it looked to "perfect" and felt I needed to rip all the edges to stay with the theme.  So I did that and I love the look, but the texture couldn't be seen anymore, so I decided to add another layer in behind with Old Olive and the same Harlequin texture plate ... again, inked in the same color as the cardstock to give it an aged look. 

I tied the ribbon in a knot around the framed main image and then mounted all the pieces as per the picture above, popping up the main panel with dimensionals for added depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Loll :)