Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Turquoise Bliss


Today's card is all about the butterfly.  I actually made the butterfly about a week ago and have struggled a bit to find the right backdrop to do it justice.  It is so beautiful all on it's own, so I wanted to find something to highlight it, but not take away from it.  Hopefully I succeeded!  I used the same layout as I did for the Purple Rose a couple of days ago.

I love the Tempting Turquoise color and it is so pretty and subtle when done in a wash on watercolor paper.  Turquoise was my Auntie Lil's favorite color and when I see it, I think of her ...   Hope you like.

"Turquoise Bliss"
 
 
Stamps:  Bliss, Silhouette Sentiments (SU!)
Paper:  Basic Black (SU!); Arches 140lb. cold press "Natural White" watercolor paper
Ink:  Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Barely Banana (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  Sizzix BigZ Beautful Butterflies die-cut, Big Shot, clear embossing powder, heat tool, sponges, Aqua Painter, three turquoise rhinestones, sticky strips and dimensionals

* * * * *

I ran the 2" square and 3" square of watercolor paper through my Big shot and cut out the two butterflies.  I sponged Barely Banana in the center of each and then sponged the rest of the butterfly with Tempting Turquoise.  I used my Aqua Painter to add water to create a "wash" on the butterflies.  I sponged the other two pieces of watercolor paper with just the Tempting Turquoise and used the Aqua Painter to add water and create a wash.  All pieces must be dry before proceeding (a heat tool may be used to speed up the drying process).

I used the large image stamp from the Bliss Stamp Set and stamped on both butterflies and embossed with clear.  I also stamped the same image several times on the Turquoise washed watercolor background paper, again embossing with clear (one will be cropped smaller and the excess will be used for the sentiment).

With the two 3" squares of black cardstock, I cut out two of the larger butterflies.  I cut one in half vertically and cut the other in half horizontally (between the two wings).  I mounted the four pieces behind the main butterfly to create a frame.  I mounted the smaller butterfly on top, popping up the wings with dimensionals to add depth.  I lightly curled the tips of the wings to the back to add even more interest and added the three turquoise rhinestones to the center.

I mounted all the pieces as per the picture above, popping up the butterfly and sentiment with dimensionals for more depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Loll :)