Tuesday, May 24, 2011

North Shore Mountains

Tuesday's are the Color Challenge days for Splitcoaststampers ... and today's challenge was, ... well, ... just that!  Baja Breeze, Perfect Plum, Soft Suede.  Very similar to the color challenge I did a few days ago for Canada Inks Up! group (Basket of Hydrangeas on May 21st).

It took a little while to figure out what I wanted to do with these colors.  I really prefer doing nature scenes, which are a little difficult if you can't use green :)

I'm pretty happy with my finished card.  Hope you like.

"North Shore Mountains"
Stamps:  Leafless Limb (Stampscapes); Just Believe (sentiment) (SU!)
Paper:  Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Soft Suede
Ink:  Baja Breeze, Perfect Plum, Soft Suede
Accessories & Tools:  Nestabilities Label 2 die-cut, Word Window punch, rubber brayer, rubber bands, sponges, post-it notes for masking

* * * * *

I cut out the main panel from Whisper White cardstock using the largest of the Label Two die-cuts.
I masked the first mountain range and sponged with Baja Breeze.  I added two more ranges in behind, again masking and then sponging Baja Breeze.  I added the final two ranges, masking and then sponging in Perfect Plum.  I sponged Baja Breeze at the top of the panel.

I stamped the Leafless Limb in Soft Suede ink onto the main panel and then sponged more Soft Suede along the bottom.

I wound several rubber bands around the barrel of my brayer and inked with Soft Suede and ran it over Soft Suede cardstock to create my backdrop (a little hard to see in the photo, it's supposed to look like branches).  Check out tutorial on Rubber Band Technique on the Techniques page of this website).

I cut out two Label Two die-cuts using the Perfect Plum cardstock and cut off about 1/2" along the top and bottom of one, and the two sides of the other.  Iused them to make a frame in-behind my main panel.

I punched out the sentiment with the Word Window punch.  I also punched out two Word Windows from Perfect Plum cardstock and cut them in half (one horizontally, one vertically) and used them to make a frame in-behind the sentiment.

I mounted all the pieces of the card as shown in the picture above, popping up the main panel with dimensionals.

No comments: