Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Butterfly in Flight


Today's color challenge at SCS (CC333) is "island tango delight", meaning the three colors are island indigo, tangerine tango and daffodil delight.  Unfortunately, I don't have island indigo, but I found by taking my closest color (Pacific Point blue) and sponging lightly with Garden Green ink, the color turned out really close!!

This is my first time inking my butterfly stamp from Inkadinkado ... it's so pretty!  I wanted it to look like it was in flight, so I made it two layers --- unfortunately it doesn't show up on the photo :(    Hope you like.

"Butterfly in Flight"
 
 
Stamps:  Butterfly Cling (Inkadinkado)
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Pacific Point (sponged) (SU!)
Ink:   Garden Green, Versamark; Stampin' Write markers:Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  Black embossing powder, heat tool, Tombow glue, bone folder, 1/4" Daffodil Delight grosgrain ribbon, adhesives, glue dots and dimensionals

* * * * *
 
I stamped the butterfly twice using Versamark onto Whisper White cardstock.  I embossed  both images in black.  I used my Stampin' Write markers to color in the wings of the two butterflies.  I cut both of them out, but only kept the head, tail and antenna on the butterfly that would be used for the top layer.  I ran my Basic Black Stampin' Write marker along the cut edge of both butterflies.

I took the background piece of Pacific Point and sponged it lightly with Garden Green ink ... the color is amazing similar to Island Indigo - love it!!  I attached the background paper to the card base of Daffodil Delight.

I mounted a piece of Whisper White cardstock onto a thin frame of Daffodil Delight cardstock and tied two ribbons around the bottom, knotting both.  I added a glue dot under each knot to hold it in place.

I adhered the bottom butterfly above the ribbons.  I bent the wings upwards for the top butterfly and then used my bone folder to curl back the edges of the wings.  I added Tombow glue along the body only and placed it on top of the first butterfly.

I mounted all the pieces as shown in the picture above, popping up the main panel with dimensionals to add depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Loll :)