Friday, September 22, 2017

Copper Leaf Hello

Hi everyone.  One more card for the CAS Watercolour - Silhouette challenge before it closes in a couple of days.


Made this card for my dear friend, Nancy.  It's her birthday in a few days and she will be off camping and enjoying a relaxing time.  Sent it to her early and she has already received it in the mail. :)  Think this might be the only card I have sent this year that arrived in time!  Time seems to get away from me lately.  Happy Birthday to you, sweet friend!!

I used a technique that I have rarely used, acrylic block watercolouring.  Don't know why I don't use this more because it's pretty easy and makes for a lovely background.  I added two shades of orange distress inks onto an acrylic block, sprayed with a little water and then pressed into a piece of mixed media paper. After it was dry, I masked the edges and stamped script over top to give it a little more interest.

I coloured a piece of copper with red alcohol ink and then die-cut the leaf sprig.  A simple Hello sentiment finishes the card.

We've had a wonderful time with this fun challenge.  Amazing cards by our wonderful Design Team and talented Guest Designer, Birgit.  And so many beautiful and creative cards from our participants.  Thanks to all that played along!

Stamps:  Script (Penny Black); Sentiment - Bouquet of Thanks (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Mixed Media (Strathmore 140 lb.)
Ink:  Distress Inks:  Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Wild Honey (Tim Holtz)
Accessories & Tools:  acrylic block, water mister, copper sheet, red alcohol ink, Little Leaves die (Sizzix)

CAS Watercolour September Challenge - Silhouette

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Merry Monday

Hi everyone.  Today I'm playing along with the Merry Monday Challenge ... tag + texture + bling + die-cuts.  Whew ... all that and I still managed to keep it CAS. :)

I used another "throw-away" piece of foil that I use to protect my work table when working with alcohol inks.  I just loved the colours left over on the foil, so used it to make this bright and shiny tag background.  I mounted the foil onto a piece of card stock, adhering with glue.  Once dry, it was dry embossed with a snowflakes folder to add lots of texture.

A simple white die-cut of snow hill and trees was added on top, and the sentiment was stamped and heat embossed in silver.  The silver adds bling (along with the shine from the foil).

A dotty stamp was used to add interest on the card base, again heat embossed in silver.  The main panel was popped up for added dimension.

Stamps:  Festive Snippets (Penny Black); Gorgeous Grunge (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Aluminum Foil; White card stock (Neenah 110 lb.)
Ink:  Alcohol inks from Ranger; Versamark
Accessories & Tools:  Snowflakes embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Tree Line die (Impression Obsession), silver embossing powder, heat tool

Merry Monday Challenge #257 - Tag (+texture+bling+die-cuts)

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

With Sympathy

Hi everyone.  Today I'm sharing a sympathy card that I sent to a dear friend.

The background is a flat wash of soft blue.  To add a little bit of interest, I splattered with water and then used a paper towel to remove the water and ink (ghosting).

I stamped a flower sprig and watercoloured with Stampin' Up! inks using a water brush.  Then framed the image with a simple white border.

This is for the CAS Mix Up September Challenge - Watercolour Wash.  I followed one of the videos on the challenge blog to create the flat wash.

There's still a few days left before the challenge closes.  Hope you'll join us.

Stamps:  Penny Black; Sentiment from Bouquet of Thanks (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Mixed Media (Strathmore 140 lb.); White card base (Neenah 110 lb.)
Ink:  Black Archival (Ranger); Blue watercolour paint (?); Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant (Stampin' Up)
Accessories & Tools:  1" flat brush, water brush, white gel pen, Square Nestabilities (Spellbinder)

CAS Mix Up September Challenge - Watercolour Wash

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Thinking of You

Hi everyone.  Hope you are all having a great start to your week.

I'm back from my holiday on Galiano Island.  We had a wonderful and relaxing time. Saw lots of wildlife, including deer that had a path right through the property we were at, so they were just at the edge of the deck when passing by.  We also saw whales in Active Pass, which is always exciting.

I'll share a couple of pictures that Alex took of the place we stayed at ... a beautiful log home right on the water, overlooking Active Pass (between Vancouver mainland and Vancouver Island).

On to the card for today.  I'm honoured at Sabrina (Cook22 at SCS) is hosting the latest "Try a New Technique" challenge over at Splitcoaststampers and has used my Tissue Paper Watercolouring video as inspiration.  Thanks Sabrina!

I wanted to make sure I played along.  Luckily I had a few pieces of watercoloured, scrunched and heat embossed tissue paper in my stash, so this was a quick and easy card.

I added a die-cut peek-a-boo window and bird on a branch to the card front.  The sentiment is heat embossed in gold to match the embossing on the tissue paper.

This also works for the current CAS Watercolour challenge - Silhouette. :)  Bonus!

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

Stamps:  Many Everyday Messages (Hero Arts)
Paper:  White tissue paper; White card stock (Neenah 110 lb.)
Ink:  Tangerine Tango and Melon Mambo Reinkers (SU!); Versamark
Accessories & Tools:  gold embossing powder, heat tool, Window die and bird on a branch die (AliExpress)

SCS TLC656 - Watercoloured Tissue plus Embossing
CAS Watercolour September Challenge - Silhouette