Thursday, April 05, 2012

Daisies with Love

Today is the SCS "Ways To Use It" Challenge (WT369 - Crazy for Coloring).  I colored my daisies with stamp pads and a blender pen ... such an easy way to "watercolor"!  I am organizing a workshop to show this technique to my Crafty Girls, so will be making more cards using this technique over the next while.  Hope you like.

"Daisies with Love"

Stamps:  Daisy Thanks (Stampendous); Field Flowers - sentiment (SU!)
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Old Olive polka-dot DP, watercolor paper (SU!)
Ink:  StazOn black, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, More Mustard, Old Olive (SU!)
Accessories & Tools:  blender pen, Stamp-a-ma-jig, yellow double-stitched 3/8" ribbon (Michael's), adhesives, sticky strips, glue dot, and dimensionals

I stamped the daisies in StazOn black ink onto watercolor paper.  I swiped my blender pen across the Pumpkin Pie stamp pad and colored onto the petals of the daisies, making sure to leave a little white space on the petals (tip from my son the artist ... always leave a little white!).  Once dry, I went over it a second time with Pumpkin Pie ink to intensify the color.  Then I added Tangerine Tango with the blender pen to the centers of the petals.  I colored the center of the daisies the same way, first coloring with Daffodil Delight (twice) and then adding More Mustard to the darker areas.  Lastly I colored the stems with the blender pen and Old Olive ink.

I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement, and stamped the sentiment in Basic Black ink in the bottom left corner.  I mounted the finished main panel on to a very thin frame of Daffodil Delight cardstock.

I mounted the Old Olive polka-dot background onto a card front of Daffodil Delight, again leaving a very thin frame (1/16" all the way around).  I wrapped the ribbon around and tied a knot, securing the ribbon to the back of the card front and adding a glue dot under the knot to hold it in place.  I used sticky strips to adhere the card front onto a card base of Daffodil Delight, sandwiching the ribbon in-between the layers for a more finished look.

I mounted the main panel onto the front of the card, popping it up with dimensionals to add depth.


Yesterday was Gord's birthday.  Here's a picture of him blowing out the candles on his cake.  Happy Birthday Sweetheart!!

No comments: